What I used:
- L'Oréal Paris FéRia - P37 Booster Plum Power
- MAY's 6% (20 vol) Cream Developer
- Trulites Tz Rapid white Powder Bleach
- Sweet Almond oil
- 1 Glass Bowl
- 1 Tint Brush
- 1 pair of Latex Gloves
- Aluminium foil
Note: The only item I used from the L'Oréal FéRia box was the colour tube but it does also come with it's own developer, oil, gloves & conditioner.
- Opened all of the windows in the room (bleach and peroxide are toxic and can cause severe damage if inhaled).
- Sectioned off the locs I wanted to bleach with clips.
- Spritzed with water to soften them slightly (less than damp but still moist).
- Added approx. 1 tbsp of powdered bleach to 4 tbsps of cream developer and mixed well (consistency was smooth and runny).
- Applied liberally to the locs. I then covered them with foil for around 15 minutes. (could've left it for another 10 minutes as the knots hadn't fully taken as much as the loose hair).
- Rinsed the bleach out thoroughly with warm water.
- Disposed of all unused bleach mixture.
- Followed steps 1-3 above.
- Mixed approximately 1 tbsp of FéRia hair colour with 4 tbsps of cream developer and a tsp of sweet almond oil. I mixed until it turned a deep mauve colour.
- Once again I applied liberally to the locs, covered with foil and left for 45-50 minutes.
- Disposed of all unused colour mixture.
After rinsing all the dye out (until the water ran clear) this is the colour I was left with:
While they were damp I moisturised the locs with plenty of sweet almond oil, re-twisted and, let them air dry. And here's the final result:
I'll let you know what I think of this colour soon.
DREADLOCKS ARE A LIFESTYLE
**Photography ownership is held with the blog account holder. DONOT use without permission**